ASVCP Quality Assurance and Laboratory Standards Committee
The Quality Assurance and Laboratory Standards (QALS) Committee is concerned with quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) in veterinary laboratory diagnostic testing. Committee members include board-certified veterinary clinical pathologists, medical technologists, and clinical pathology residents. The committee has worked diligently to develop recommendations and checklists regarding QA/QC for laboratories performing diagnostic testing of animal samples. Our efforts have resulted in development of position papers for the ASVCP that are freely available via the ASVCP website (Publications link) and as Special Reports in the journal Veterinary Clinical Pathology. The committee also periodically organizes pre-meeting workshops on quality assurance and standards at the annual ASVCP/ACVP meeting.
Arndt, Tara (email@example.com)
Arnold, Jill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bushey, Marion (email@example.com)
Cook, Jennifer (Jennifer.Cook@antechmail.com)
CruzCardona, Janice (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Flatland, Bente (email@example.com)
Gerber-Hayes, Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Giori, Luca (email@example.com)
Gunn-Christie, Rebekah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Harr, Kendal (email@example.com)
Jeffery, Unity (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Moorhead, Roberta (email@example.com)
Morissette, Eric (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nabity, Mary (email@example.com)
Peterson, Connie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ryseff, Julia (email@example.com)
Sisson, Sandy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vap, Linda (email@example.com)
Recent Publications - as November 17, 2015
External Quality Assurance/Comparability Testing Guidelines
Guidelines & Subcommittee activities
Posted and published
- Quality Assurance Guidelines (available in English, German, Spanish, French and Portuguese)
- Flatland B, Freeman K, Friedrichs KR, Vap LM, Getzy KM, Evans EW, Harr KE. ASVCP quality asurance guidelines: control of general analytical factors in veterinary laboratories. Vet Clin Pathol 2010;39(3):264-77.
- Gunn-Christie RG, Freeman K, Routsalo K, Friedrichs KR, Knoll J, Wamsley H, Harr K. ASVCP quality assurance guidelines: control of preanalytical and analytical factors for clinical chemistry, urinalysis, and cytology in veterinary laboratories. Vet Clin Pathol 2012;41(1):18-26.
- Vap LM, Harr K, Friedrichs KR, Arnold J. ASVCP quality assurance guidelines: control of preanalytical, analytical and postanalytical factors in veterinary laboratories related to hematology for mammalian and non-mammalian species, hemostasis, and crossmatching. Vet Clin Pathol 2012;41(1):8-17.
- Reference Interval Guidelines (RI subcommittee)
- Friedrichs KR, Harr KE, Freeman KP, Szladovits B, Walton RM, Barnhart K, Blanco-Chavez J. ASVCP reference interval guidelines: determination of de novo reference intervals in veterinary species and other related topics. Vet Clin Pathol 2012;41(4):441-53.
- ASVCP Allowable Total Error Recommendations for Biochemistry
- Harr KE, Flatland B, Nabity M, Freeman KP. ASVCP guidelines: Allowable total error guidelines for biochemistry. Vet Clin Pathol 2013 424-436
- ASVCP Guidelines: Quality Assurance for Point-of-Care Testing in Veterinary Medicine
- Flatland B, Freeman KP, Vap, LM, Harr KE. ASVCP guidelines: quality assurance for point-of-care testing in veterinary medicine. Vet Clin Pathol 2013 405-423
Drafts in progress
- TEa Hematology/Coagulation guideline