ASVCP's Share the Future Travel Award
Click here for the 2016 Share the Future Travel Award Application-Deadline: September 16, 2016
For the Minneapolis meeting, six travel grants of $500 were awarded to the following individuals:
- Kristina Meichner, North Carolina State University
- Katherine Schlicher, University of Illinois
- Rachael Holicky, Kansas State University
- Emma Holmes, Royal Veterinary College
- Nicole Kohart, Ohio State University
- Nariman Deravi, University of Guelph
For the Atlanta meeting, six travel grants of $500 were awarded to the following individuals:
- Laura Black, University of Florida–"Hypernatremia in a four-year-old Boxer"
- Kristen Loria, University of Pennsylvania–"Feline pulmonary adenosquamous carcinoma: Comparison of cytologic and histologic findings"
- Brian Meyer, Purdue University–"T-cell and histiocytic-rich large B-cell lymphoma in a ferret spleen"
- Lauren Radakovich, Colorado State University–"Reticulocyte hemoglobin content (CHr) does not differentiate true from functional iron deficiency in dogs"
- Amy Weeden, University of Florida–"Myelodysplastic syndrome with erythroid predominance in a cat" and "Prevalence and identification of Bartonella in canine cavitary effusions"
- Nina Zitzer, Ohio State University–"Alimentary toxic Aleukia-like syndrome in three horses with T-2 mycotoxicosis"
For the Montreal meeting, six travel grants of $500 were awarded to the following individuals:
- Sally Henderson, The Ohio State University
- Sakurako Neo, Azabu University, Japan
- William Gow, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Laureen Peters, Royal Veterinary College, United Kingdom
- Charlotte Hollinger, Michigan State University
- Natalie Hoepp, University of Missouri
Five travel grants of $500 were awarded to students attending the 2012 Seattle meeting. Grants were awarded to the following individuals:
- Erica J. Gruber, Cornell University, "Tissue factor mediates thrombin generation in canine cancer cells."
- Heather A. Kridel, University of Florida, "Mucopolysaccharidosis type VI in a miniature schnauzer."
- Anne Leuschner, Royal Veterinary College, "Mott cell lymphoma in a cat."
- William Siska, Purdue University, "Peripheral blood smear in a horse" and "Method comparison in veterinary clinical chemistry: Focusing on the IDEXX catalyst DX."
- Dania Villarnovo, Atlantic Veterinary College, "Avoiding transfusion reactions: Evaluation of a commercially available cross matching kit."
Share the Future travel grants are made possible through the support of ASVCP members and corporate sponsors. These grants are intended to help offset travel costs for clinical pathology residents or graduate students who give talks or poster presentations at the Annual Meeting. Grant recipients were selected from the applicant pool based on specific criteria. Five travel grants of $500 were awarded to students attending the Nashville meeting. Grants were awarded to the following individuals:
- Paola Cazzini, University of Georgia
- Jamie Haddad, North Carolina State University
- Jelena Palic, Iowa State University
- Taryn Sibley; North Carolina State University
- Valerie M. Wong, University of Guelph.
This year was the fourth year that travel grants were awarded to help support trainees presenting at the Annual Meeting in Baltimore. There were 12 applicants, five of whom were awarded grants of $500 each. The Travel Grant recipients were:
- Dr. Erica Behling-Kelly, University of Wisconsin
- Dr. Patricia Crosse, Royal Veterinary College, London England
- Dr. Nora Springer, Cornell University
- Dr. Melanie Spoor, University of Missouri
- Dr. Emily Pieczarka, The Ohio State University