1) ACVP board eligibility
2) Participation in ASVCP and presentation at annual meeting
3) Completion of PhD or Masters, if in a combined program
4) Reflect positive image of the profession and the University of Illinois
5) Competitive for employment in academics and industry
Clinical biochemistry, enzymology, lymphoproliferative and myeloproliferative disorders, hemoparasitic diseases, good working relationship with clinicians, dynamic clinical pathology laboratory with 5 technologists. Residents participate in an annual Mock Board examination to assist in preparation for the ACVP certifying examination.
Formal coursework, seminars, rounds, teaching professional students, journal clubs, diagnostic clinical duty, research projects, rotations in other laboratories, including a 6-week internship at Abbott Laboratories.
Additional Training Areas:
Surgical biopsy, research techniques.
Hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, immunology, anatomic pathology, statistics, biochemistry.
Clinical Pathology Faculty:
- Philip F Solter, DVM, PhD, Dipl ACVP, Associate Professor
- Anne Barger, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVP, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Katherine Wycislo, DVM, DACVP, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Kim Pattullo, DVM, MVetSc, Clinical Instructor
- Sara Connolly, DVM
Faculty Research Interests:
Clinical biochemistry: enzymology and neurohormone analyses and action, immunocytochemistry of neoplasms (particularly osteosarcoma).
Trainees in Last 5 Years and Current Positions:
- Amy Schnelle, DVM, MS, DACVP Idexx laboratories
- Katherine Wycislo, DVM, DACVP Combined faculty position and PhD University of Illinois
- A Russell Moore, DVM, MS, DACVP Clinical Instructor, Colorado State University
Contact Person(s): Anne Barger
College of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Pathobiology
1008 W Hazelwood
Urbana, IL 61802
Web Site: www.cvm.uiuc.edu
Next Open Position: July 2019
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
Type of Program: Combined residency with masters but option for PhD.
Length of Training: 3 yrs (residency), 5-6 years (residency + PhD)
No. of Trainees: 3
- Dr. Michael Rosser
- Dr. Lisa Schlein
- Dr. Kate Schlicher